Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The month of January has been bittersweet for me for the last 11 years. How so, you say? The month of January is the month that I celebrate my birthday but its also the month that my Mothers Birthday occurs. My mother passed away 11 years, and on January 29th, she would have been 54 years old. So every January 29th for the past 11 years, a reflection occurs in my mind, of the things we use to do, the conversations we've had, but most important, the grandmother my girls will never physically know. The latter is what bothers me the most, because I was 23 when she passed away. So I was blessed to have 23 years with her, but my girls were not given the same opportunity. I know she would have been such a force in their lives, just as she was in mine, my brother and my sister. So its takes a lot of effort for me to not be selfish but be grateful that heaven has one of their angels back, because we so miss her presence. On this day of January 29th, I say Happy Birthday Momma.


Love, MochaMom

No comments: