Monday, January 7, 2008

MochaMom's Hair regimen

Many ladies have asked my hair regimen in the past, so as my third post, here it is.

If you read 91 Things about me, you know that I love hair products. The line that seems to work best for me is Design Essentials. I have tried many lines from Phytospecific, Affirm, Mizani, Elasta, the one that seems to take care of my hair care needs is DE. I have my hair relaxed with DE Relaxer no less than 6 weeks (keeps hair healthy by not over processing already relaxed hair). I wash my hair weekly at home and here are my steps:


Prepoo with Coconut oil over night
Wash with Neutrogena Anti residue shampoo (twice a month as this is a clarifying shampoo)
Wash of Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo
Wash of Design Essentials Moisture retention shampoo
Condition with Design Essentials Express
Condition with Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight Conditioner
Detangle with Design Essentials HCO leave in, Cantu Breakage treatment
Mold with Jane Carter Wrap and Roll mixed with HCO
Sit under hooded dryer
Add a small amount of Cantu Breakage treatment to hair and Design Essentials treatment to scalp
Flat iron with Chi
Finish with a spray of Design Essentials Spritz Formations



I have recently dyed my hair black using Bigen (Oriental Black), dont think I'll be doing that again. It's causing quite a bit of dryness, so I have to step up the moisture game, hence all the use of product above. Remember this works for me, may not necessarily be great for someone else. But get a regimen that you can stick to, and you will see a major difference in your hair. More about this later.

Fab,
Mocha Mom

No comments: