Monday, January 7, 2008

91 Things About Me

Why 91 things about me, well, thats all that I could think of at the time. So here goes, January 2008. Lets get started.


My name is Sonya
I am 33; Although my birthday is right around the corner
Its January 17th
I’m a Capricorn
I was raised in Jackson, Ms, although I was born in LA.
I have two daughters
Their names are Kyla and Katelyn
Kyla is 10 (They grow up so fast, take lots of pictures)
Katelyn is 4
I am married
I went to Jackson State University although I didn’t do my best work there, (wasn’t working toward a goal)
I finished my Bachelor degree at a online college
I live in Austin, Texas
I am a state employee
My little sister, is growing up, she’s 17 now , this is her last year in high school (wow)
She lives in MS, I wish she could have moved here with me
We lost our mother when she was 6, my brother a senior in high school and I not quite ready to let her go
I have a brother as well
He is extremely smart although definitely has been affected by number 19 of this list
We lost our great grandfather in the same accident
That event changed the course of my life as well as my sister and brother
My hubby is a sweetheart, why he puts up with me, I will never know.
I love to read
I am very quiet, always have been but well read
I have two best friends
They live in Jackson, MS
I miss them terribly
Their names are Shan and Candace
I met Shan in the 3rd grade
I met Candace while working at JC Penny’s during my college days
This is my first time writing a blog of my own
I love to read blogs, I do it everyday
That’s what inspired me to create my own
I wanted a platform to express my views, feeling and concerns
An online journal would be cool
I have started to write them in a fancy journal pad but neglected it and let other things take me away from writing the events of my life down
It would be cool for my daughters to have something to read that’s personal because sometimes with the business of life I do not get to discuss things that I really think I should with them.
I love the technical things
Not sure what the theme or format of this blog will be yet, I’m just going to write what events and circumstances crosses my mind on any given day.
I plan to have be happier in 2008 and many years to come
This is hard, I am not one to really talk about myself so this is hard for me
I know there are some things I need to work on
Patience is at the top of the list
Did I mention this was hard (oh yeah, I did)
I love beauty and hair products
I do not cook even though I love collecting recipes
I love a good book but I cant pass the hair product section of a store without browsing
I became really ill after giving birth to Katelyn
I developed a blood clot in my lungs
I was lucky to have gotten to the emergency room in time
I do not have a MySpace page, although it seems everyone else does ( Or does anyone over 30 have these things?)
I am working on not worrying about every little thing so much (Blood pressure is forcing me to ignore some things and move on)
I think this may be fun once I get the hang of blogging
Or maybe not
Sometimes I am indecisive, that’s another thing I have to work on
I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration but still not sure what direction in my career I would like to go
I think I would do well in Human Resources, ( I am a people person)
Some things really make me upset
Seeing young people with no direction and not realizing their potential and all that life has to offer
Young people not realizing that there are other stations on the television other than BET.
That really irks me
I know I am blessed
I know I could show it more
I don’t think I do as much as I could to repay my blessings
I am really passionate about helping children who may be forgotten in society
This includes children of incarcerated mothers
I think this world future may be in trouble they way things are going now
I know I should be doing more in my career; but have become complacent in my current position
I am going to work on that in 08
I really want to get my MBA
I admire Oprah, but don’t take her word as “the word”, as others do
I wonder who will be on the election ballet, Clinton or Obama or both
That would be so cool
I know I need to pray more
I want my girls to be assertive and well spoken
I am working on teaching them gratitude and humbleness
I work with people that are totally different than I grew up around
Sometimes I am ashamed of my southern accent
I really want to take a trip to Jamaica
Hubby and I working on that for 2008
My family on my mothers side is kind of messed up
I miss my mother and think about her frequently
Her father just passed away in November 2007
I am writing this when I should be doing laundry, but it’s a holiday and I have tomorrow off, so we'll do that then
I love the time before 10:00 am, if I do anything in the a.m., I like to do it before 10:00 am. Don’t know why, I ‘m weird that way I guess
People think I am funny
I was really quiet in high school, people took that as “stuck up”
I get aggravated easily
I love to be alone sometimes
I like it quiet in my house, although I have a 4 and 10 year old, doesn’t happen often


Thats all for now, many post to come. Hopefully.

Stay Fab

MochaMom

No comments: