Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ciao Bellas



Hello, so another weekend bites the dust. Busy, Busy as usual. First of all the weather was crazy. Listen to this, 30 degrees and rainy on Friday, 70 degrees and sunny on Sat. and Sunday. Is that not crazy, only in Texas. So we had to take the kiddos out shopping for new shoes, clothes and what nots. While we were out we decided to stop by IKEA. After checking the kids into the Children's play land area, low and behold who we do we see with her kids, Marion Jones. I couldn't believe it, we didn't freak, just politely gave her a gaze and continued on about our business. If you remember in a earlier post, I stated that although she committed a crime, I feel so bad about her having to pay for it with a prison sentence.

So the discussion me and hubby had was, would it have been right for us to ask for an autograph in the midst of her legal trouble. His take on the issue was that she would have felt that fans were still behind her despite her admitted mistake. My take on the issue was, that I wanted to give her space and let her enjoy her time that she has with her kids before she has to spend 6 months in a federal jail. I didn't think it would be right for us to impose as she was spending her time with the people she enjoys the most.

So all in all we had a fabulous time, and a fabulous dinner. The time we spent with the kids was great so I thought we should extend the same courtesy to Marion and let her enjoy her time as we enjoyed ours.


Ciao ladies.
MochaMom

1 comment:

sandmarg said...

I think that you made the right choice. I really believe autograph requests should be limited to times when the "celebrity" is working -- after an event or during a book signing.