Thursday, February 14, 2008

Relationships!!

So today is Valentines Day, it got me to thinking about relationships. Not only with your significant other but relationships in general. Do you have any relationships that need repair or that you need to do some damage control on? Now what really got me to thinking about this was, this morning I was thinking about my brother and father and the spat they are having. See they had this little falling out, but both are so much alike that the other can’t bring themselves to talk it out, apologize or forgive the other one. My question is do you have relationships, be it family or friendships that really need some work? Because tomorrow is not promised, why do we let these things happen? It hurts my heart that my father and his only son are not speaking to one another because of issues that really need to be worked out. You have to understand that I really don’t have a big family circle. It’s only me, my brother, sister and dad. So it really hurts me to think that those two have this issue and I’m usually the one stuck in the middle passing information to the two of them.

There are things that I could really be bitter about but I chose to forgive and let the chips fall where they may, just because I think the relationship is stronger than the issue. So with this said, really look at the relationships you have in your life. Life is about living your best life; people, not possessions make this fulfilling. Think about a relationship that’s worth either repairing or making stronger, and call that person and do it. Its alright for you to be the bigger person, real friends don’t judge but will appreciate your gesture. Remember I always say, people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

……Ding, you’re free to move about the country, go and be prosperous.

MochaMom

No comments: