Friday, February 1, 2008

Is this the only way to get on the cover of a magazine?


Now, I pondered about putting this crap on my blog, but it bothered me to no end. So here I am downtown in the heart of the business world. I stop to get gas, downtown at a station in the midst of every state agency ever formed in the State of Texas. Now picture this, the line is out the door, people in business suits, male and female. Looking around the line, its clear that I am the minority of group. But anyway thats neither here nor there, back to the story, so I am in line getting my receipt from paying at the pump ( you know how the pump says, see associate for receipt, otherwise I wouldnt be in that long line), and right at the front of the line at the register is this magazine, with this picture. Have you ever had the feeling that people brains was just screeming, "typical black woman", using her "assets" to get on the cover of a magazine. So my question was, if this was the abosulute only way to make it to the cover of a magazine, would you do it?

Me personally, there is no way. Its just not that serious. You just cannot be able to go to bed at night, knowing that this photo of you is floating around the world. Its not like you can tell the family about this accomplishment, I'm sure grandma will not be passing this around in choir rehearsal.

MochaMom




No comments: