Friday, April 11, 2008

My Week in Review


I know its been a while and I plan to get around to writing most of what happened in my life this week but I want to start with a movie that I just finished that I thought was one that is one of the best movies. This movie is Rendition, staring Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon. Jake stars as a analyst that is suddenly thrown into a situation where he must determine if someone the CIA believes has terrorists ties, truly has these ties. Reese plays the wife of the Egyptian man that the CIA believes has these ties, and she is persistent in proving that he does not. The story unfolds really to tell a number of short stories and all the little stories really connect to one big picture. Sort of like in real life, we've all heard of "two degrees of separation". We're really all connected in some way whether we realize it or not. My favorite thing about the movie is the raw emotion from all the characters and its look at how terrorists really believe that what they are doing is for the betterment of the world. In order to understand we must learn perspectives, we're fighting a war from two different angles and none of the parties involved are ready to stop and look at the other perspective in order to make changes. The way I see it, the beliefs and views of the two are so immensely different that it would take years and years to come to some kind of agreement. Terrorists who truly believe in Jihad have such radical views and beliefs it really hard if not impossible to ever see the their views and ours coexisting. So whats the solution, I surely don't know and after all these years neither does our Commander and Chief. More on this later....

MochaMom

No comments: