Friday, August 29, 2008

My 11 year old is transitioning!

Some time ago, my 11 year daughter mentioned to me that she wanted to transition back to her natural hair texture. So what does this mean, no more relaxer. She does have a beautiful curl pattern to her hair. I originally relaxed her hair because it just made maintenance a little easier, but now that she's getting older, I think she should have some say in the maintenance of her hair. And I am proud that she is embracing her natural hair without the aid of relaxers. I will journal, her progress, and see where this takes us. Who knows, maybe I'll get inspired to stop using the creamy crack, we'll see.


After wash, deep conditioner, air dried in ponies. (8-10 weeks post)


Texture shot



Finished



MochaMom

1 comment:

LaQT/ Ty said...

Either way her hair is gorgeous. She is all around a beautiful and talented little girl. I am thinking about transitioning but not yet over the fence so I am about to start texlaxing.Keep us posted.